Statement by applicant
I hearby acknowledge and agree that:
- The information given in this applicaton is true and complete
- My current/previous landlords and employers or any other third party may be contacted for references
- The information in this application form may be held, processed, used and disclosed by the landlord/agent to any third parties to be used for reference purposes in the future and may be used after the tenancy is granted (if a tenancy is granted) for the purpose of informing other landlords/agents about the conduct of any tenancy
- The landlord/agent may contact the tenant or guarantor in respect of monies owning after the tenancy has ended
I understand that I must provide the following and failure to do so within fifteen days may result in losing my holding deposit:
- Proof of ID and Right-To-Rent – either a UK passport or equivalent accepted by the Home Office
- A signed tenancy agreement
- A guarantor who can provide the following:
- Proof of home ownership – title deeds, mortgage statement or buildings insurance
- Or payslips covering the last three months or last two years’ tax returns if self-employed - this must show income of £25,000 per annum
- Proof of address
- Proof of ID - either a UK passport or equivalent accepted by the Home Office
- A completed guarantor form
I further acknowledge and agree that:
Rent is charged per calendar month. Months are varying in lengths be it 28, 29, 30 or 31 days, therefore the per calendar month rent is calculated so that you pay the same amount every month.
Per calendar month rent is calculated as follows; PRICE PER WEEK divided by 7, multiplied by 365, divided by 12. This amount is rounded to the nearest pound.
There is often a misconception that rent is due every 28 days (four weeks) - this is not the case, it is due per calendar month as described above.
Rents are advertised weekly for ease of comparison.
A Home After Halls cannot guarantee parking unless the property comes with off-street parking. Therefore, I understand that I have to make my own enquiries with Plymouth City Council in regards to the availability of permits.
If I am applying as part of a group I agree that A Home After Halls can discuss my application with any members of the group I am applying with.
I further understand that:
Section 102 Housing Act 1996 allows a landlord to seek possession (including during fixed term) under ground 17 in Part II of Schedule 2 of the Housing Act 1988 where he/she has been induced to grant tenancy by false statement made knowingly or recklessly by (a) the tenant, of (b) a person acting at the tenant’s instigation.
I understand that if I decide not to take up a tenancy agreement at the property I have applied for that I will lose my holding deposit.
I have paid the holding deposit of one week’s rent to the bank details listed on this form, as per the statement above.