Bowden Hall - Studio Flats
Bowden Hall is just two minutes walking distance from the University of Plymouth. The Art College is close by and the city centre is also only a short walk from the hall. There is a good bus service to and from Bowden Hall and a grocery shop 50 metres away.
The residence has 34 rooms, which can accommodate up to 42 students. There are 5 different sizes of en-suite self-contained studios. Starting at larger than average size singles to double rooms that can accommodate one or two students.
Each studio is provided with:
- Combination microwave, fridge, kitchen sink and cupboards
- Fully fitted bedroom with single/double bed, bedside unit, study desk, chair, wardrobe and further storage.
- Fire/smoke detector
- TV point
- Free Internet connection - Wired and Wireless
- En-suite shower room with hand basin and toilet
All utility bills are included: Electricity, Water, Central Heating and Internet.
- Laundry room
- Vacuum cleaners
- Communal kitchens with full cooking facilities (In addition to studio kitchens)
A cleaning service is provided for the communal areas.
STANDARD SINGLE EN-SUITE STUDIOS
- £85 per week for 50 weeks.
- £95 per week for 42 weeks.
STANDARD PLUS SINGLE EN-SUITE STUDIOS
- £95 per week for 50 weeks.
- £105 per week for 42 weeks.
DELUXE SINGLE EN-SUITE STUDIOS
- £105 per week for 50 weeks.
- £115 per week for 42 weeks.
DELUXE DOUBLE EN-SUITE STUDIOS – SAME PRICE FOR ONE, OR TWO STUDENTS SHARING.
- £125 per week for 50 weeks.
- £135 per week for 42 weeks.
SUPERIOR DOUBLE EN-SUITE STUDIOS – SAME PRICE FOR ONE, OR TWO STUDENTS SHARING
- £140 per week for 50 weeks.
- £150 per week for 42 weeks.
RENT PAYMENT METHODS (WITH GUARANTOR PROVIDED)
Paid in three installments:
- 1st rent installment: Due on or before tenancy start date
- 2nd rent installment: Due on or before 20 January 2020
- 3rd rent installment: Due on or before 20 April 2020
Or rent in full : Due on or before tenancy start date.
RENT PAYMENT METHOD (Without a guarantor)
Rent in full, due at least six weeks before tenancy start date.
Your Tenancy will be an Assured Short hold Tenancy normally starting 16th September 2019 or earlier subject to availability.
The Guarantor must be a British Citizen and house owner who is resident in the UK. Without a guarantor you will be required to pay the full rent at least six weeks before your tenancy start date.
PROOF OF IDENTITY & BRP's
If you are not a European Citizen you will need to produce your Biometric Residence Permit (or produce the short validity vignette with your passport as a temporary measure if waiting for your BRP to be issued) and allow them to be photocopied. If you are a European Citizen you may be asked to provide proof of identity and nationality.
To secure your booking you will need to pay £250 in advance. This sum will be deducted from your first installment of rent. Should you cancel this sum is non refundable.
If you bring your own television, you are responsible for the purchase of a TV license.
We strongly recommend that you insure all your personal belongings, as we cannot be held liable for any loss or damage to your belongings during your staying at Bowden Hall.
There is limited (permit only) car parking within the grounds of Bowden Hall. Please contact the Residence Manager for further information.
GAS CENTRAL HEATING
Radiators are fitted in all flats and hallways. GCH program runs 1 Oct – 30 April. This may vary in abnormal weather conditions.
Electricity is inclusive
Water is inclusive
A free broadband service is available in all flats.
Be a student that qualifies for full council tax exemption, and upon request from the Landlord, provide within 7 days, a fully completed certificate of exemption in respect of council tax.
BOWDEN HALL IS A NO SMOKING BUILDING – Should you wish to smoke outside there is a cigarette bin provided next to the main entrance.